I had my final long run this Sunday- 10 miles. I had a pretty awful running week previous to my long run so my confidence and morale was VERY low. It was a gorgeous day- 65 degrees, sunny and minimal wind- so the odds were in my favor. The question was if my mental state would do its job.
With a little help from my pit stop boy (my boyfriend who was visiting for the weekend) I finally made it through the 10 miles. The first 2 miles were challenging and I truly believed I would never finish. After that something just kicked in and I found the zone. I ran for about the next 6 miles with minimal stops. A few breaks for water and GU aside, I was a running machine. Mile 8 was a bit more challenging and mile 9 was an all out battle, but I finished strong and felt amazing.
I can't believe I am capable of running 10 miles! I never thought I could do it and now that I have, I know I can run 13.
Another huge motivating factor? The phenomenal support of my family and friends in my efforts to raise money for the American Cancer Society. To date, I've raised over $2,500. It's amazing that people believe in me and believe in my cause. I'm overwhelmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment