Thursday, May 14, 2009

I MADE IT!

Woohoo! I made it!
After 2 hours and 42 minutes of running in very cold (we're talking high 30s here) weather, I finished 13.1 miles. Obviously, I'm not going to be winning any races anytime soon with that time but I'm incredibly proud of it! I was hoping to finish, period. Finishing 13 minutes sooner than I had hoped was incredible.
The feeling I got when I crossed the finish line was AH-mazing. Knowing that I had accomplished this goal for myself and had raised over $3,000 for a fantastic cause was completely overwhelming. Beyond that, I knew my Dad was with me, looking down at me making that face he made when you could tell he was really proud of you but didn't have the words to express it. I loved that face, and I know he had it at 10:43 am on Saturday.
If it were possible for me to put into words how grateful I am for the support that people gave me throughout this process, I would say them. But I know that the words are not enough. All I can say is that my heart is bursting. When I had times during the race where I felt tired I thought of the 40+ people who contributed to my fundraising efforts and the many more who were supportive with their words and thoughts.
I'll post photos and more play by play about the race soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment