Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Running Jen Takes A Running Break

Don't they call a long pause from something a pregnant pause? I guess that is how I'll delicately describe my laziness over the last few weeks. After the half marathon I decided to take a break and enjoy not being obligated to a training schedule for the first time in last three months. But I think the break may have gotten out of hand.
I've been working out occasionally, probably 2 to 4 times a week, which usually includes at least one run. So I haven't been completely out of the game- but I mostly have.
Lately I've been feeling more stressed out about life and in general not as good about myself. I don't completely attribute this to a lack of running, but I definitely think I've taken for granted that running is a major stress reliever for me. Sometimes I hate it and have no interest in pushing myself, but when I do I feel better about everything pretty much 100% of the time. So, I need to get my butt back in gear.
I'll be posting photos soon of the race and hopefully will also be posting about more running excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment