Feeling a little bit unmotivated, tired of it all and NOT interested in sticking to your plan? Get a long distance running buddy.
Yesterday morning I woke up, checked my iPhone and started my day with an email from Jessica, my long distance running buddy, reminding me that if we want to do this half marathon this is the week we have to really start training in order to possibly make it. It was just the boost I needed.
Was I planning to work out yesterday? No. Did I do 30 minutes of pilates and strength training after Jessica's email? Yes.
I think the goal for the next few weeks is to start building endurance by working out more regularly. This is tough for me, since I have trouble getting to the gym 6 days a week as my training schedule suggests. However, the training schedule doesn't demand miles long runs every day just getting there and getting your body moving. So, hopefully I'll be able to fit in a little almost every day and build endurance. I'm already impatient about it being nice so I can do my shorter runs outside in the morning.
So far the plan for this week-
Tuesday: 3 mile run (done!)
Wednesday: Pilates (done!)
Thursday: Cross Train
Friday: 4 Mile Run
Saturday: Stretch and Strengthen- possibly yoga class
Sunday: Rest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment