Friday, February 27, 2009

First "Long" Run

I just got home from my first "long run". This week was only 4 miles, so it wasn't that much longer than a normal run at this point. However, it felt pretty amazing to finish it. I still am not in a place to run continuously without taking an occasional walking break. However, tonight I pushed through for longer running intervals and less walking intervals so I am proud of that.
I actually started the run thinking it would be tough and wondering how I'd ever get to a 10 mile run if 4 miles is tough. But something kicked in to push me and make me feel completely powerful.
Afterwards I was stretching and telling my boyfriend about it. He responded with "it's totally a mind game". I knew that, but for the first time I think I really got it. And you know what? Four miles is an accomplishment this week and as for ten miles? I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment