Tuesday morning I did a 4.5 mile run. It wasn't my best time, but I was pretty proud of myself. I'm still not running totally consistently and have to stop occasionally for walking breaks, but I walk fast and seem to be running a bit faster lately as well.
Wednesday morning I went to a strength training class as my cross training day. This class was serious. Since I'm currently in between jobs, I went to the 10:30 am class, which seemed to be full of very serious actors who were all in great shape AND checking themselves out a lot in the mirror. I sort of felt like the cow in the corner, but I did my best and got a killer total body workout. The class was challenging, but kept moving pretty quickly, so it didn't feel too long. Afterwards I was beat though. Since I haven't been doing that much weight training, it was a major wake-up call to my muscles.
Thursday morning I woke up a little sore and wasn't sure how my 4.5 mile run would go. It was....sort of successful. To be honest, I probably walked more than I ran. But I was so sore, so I was just trying to get through it. Afterwards I spent a lot of time stretching my sore muscles and felt much better.
I'm proud of myself for being intense for a few days though and really working hard to get back on track. Today is a much needed rest day. This weekend is a 7 mile run and likely a hike. I'm in North Carolina, so I want to take advantage of some mountains!

No comments:
Post a Comment