Wednesday, January 21, 2009

4.25 miles!

Yay! I ran 4.25 miles last night.
It was ALL running, but it definitely included more running than I have been able to accomplish before. I'm slowly working up to running more consistently and I feel progress!
I also feel my feet today. It is definitely time for some new running shoes, which I will hopefully find soon. The shoes I have now are old and probably needed to be replaced awhile ago, but since I wasn't running much then it never was an immediate issue. Now is another story.
I got some tips from my friend Josh on what to do with my training, so I think I'm going to try it out. He suggested sticking with my regular 5K a few times a week, while focusing on speed and running consistently (as opposed to walking intervals) and then adding a mile each week to my long weekend runs. This seems like a really good option for me, so I'll give it a try for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
Also, I'm trying to get stronger so I'm incorporating some ab work into my routines. I feel a little burn today, which is a little sad as I didn't do *that* much. But, you gotta start somewhere, right?
Who knew that a little muscle soreness could make me feel so invigorated? I hope it continues. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment