
Earlier in the week after the weekend workouts I noticed that the lower calf area of my left leg was hurting. It felt kinda tight, but I couldn't seem to stretch it. After a consult with my two personal trainer slash actor friends they helped me figure out and fix the problem- apparently some issues with my soleus muscle. Long story short, I took a few days off running, heated the muscle and learned some new stretches for it. I also decided yoga class would be good for the soleus as well as my entire under stretched body.
So I went to yoga class last night. I've done lots of yoga before so I pretty much know the drill and poses. That doesn't mean I'm good at them, but I know them.
At the beginning of class I was feeling confident and excited. This continued for awhile and then the "shaky muscles because they aren't used to this kind of movement" thing set in. It felt good at first because it was evident I was challenging myself. But then I started getting frustrated and upset and at one point during child's pose I started tearing up a little. A little melodramatic tear hit my yoga mat as my head was down stretching my back. I felt like I was in some Lifetime original movie. It was...weird. I've never gotten so upset about yoga class. I have however gotten upset at the final episode of "Boy Meets World", an avocado that wasn't ripe when I wanted it to be, hangar indents in the shirt I want to wear that day and several other seemingly silly things. I'm a compartmentalizer. I totally bottle up emotions about things that then manifest themselves in other areas.
Apparently yoga class is my new sappy long distance commercial. Who knew?

No comments:
Post a Comment