Monday, March 16, 2009

Week Four Updates

As I mentioned before, the beginning of last week was a little difficult due to issues with my soleus but I'm proud to say that I finished the week strong. Saturday I did my 5 mile "long" run and on Sunday I did a little cardio elliptical style and weight trained. I also tried to spend some extra time stretching since I was a little sore after Saturday.
I think week four was almost a success. I didn't get in quite as many training days as I should have, but I tried some new cross training methods and learned how to help my ailing muscle so all things considered, I'm pretty proud of myself.
This week's training schedule is going to be difficult as well. My Mom is coming to town and I have several obstacles to my regular training schedule including an opening for West Side Story, my Aunt's Birthday party and a boarding of a cruise ship. That's right! Mom and I are going on a cruise which will make next week's training schedule more manageable AND more fun because it'll be in the sun. Yes!
This week's schedule so far is as follows-
Monday- 4 mile run
Tuesday- yoga class
Wednesday- try to squeeze in early morning workout of pilates or short run
Thursday- West Side Story opening- does dancing your heart out count as a training day?
Saturday- possible run or cross train depending on ship boarding situation
Sunday- 6 mile run
I know, I know...it's a little haphazard. But, I'm going to do the best I can this week under the circumstances.
Also, a quick fundraising update. I tried to click on my fundraising page link and was sent to my page that included none of the changes I had put together throughout the last few days. So, it looks like a fairly generic page. I'm going to try to fix that in the near future but I'm a little frustrated about the whole thing so I need to just step away for a minute. I'll post when it's back in commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment